Partners from industry (speakers)
Training section oneMarket, technology, laws, and future trends:
- history of the pedelec market up to today
- hard facts about the current market, judgement about the market potential and the potential for the bicycle trade and industry
- pedelec technology: drive-units, energy-storage-devices, charging and infrastructure, human-machine-interface like buttons, displays, and sensors
- service: strategies how to cope with the ongoing diversification of the drive unit market including the service software
- laws and standards - what is relevant for bicycle retailers - recommendations on how to deal with it - discussion on the best strategies to be legally compliant
- proven marketing strategies to stimulate pedelec sales of retailers backed up with real examples.
Training section twoIt is about getting insight into the market offers of key players of the pedelec component and especially the drive unit market.
This part consisted of a theoretical part and a hands on part. In the theoretical part trainers from the drive unit or component makers present their technology and services. In the second part of this section trainers showed their parts and materials on a table or work bench to give hands on training - here individual questions could be dealt with and practical exercises can be conducted.
The training was about drive systems and vehicle companies which have their own drive systems. The brand selection varied between the countries.
RegistrationParticipation fee was 50,00 Euro/day including refreshments and lunch.
- bicycle retailers curious about the issue of pedelecs and wanting to enter into the area without binding themselves prematurely to specific manufacturers and other persons interested in deeper information on pedelecs.
- pedelec retailers who want to broaden their horizon.
Main topics during the training
- Why buy a pedelec? (definition of a pedelec, advantages, disadvantages)
- Who will buy pedelecs? (understanding the customers)
- So many products - which of them shall I buy and sell in my shop? - quality and testing criteria of pedelecs . Bandwidth of existing pedelecs.
- The electric power issue - batteries, charging systems and according safety regulations, power control of motor assistance and other topics of electronic control
- Most important EU and national legal issues relevant to a retailer
- Special issues about repairing pedelecs . Where to get further technical information.